A meme originated by someone who then tagged oedipa… who then tagged me.
Seven movies I have loved:
1. Reservoir Dogs: Tarantino is an idiot savant.
2. The Killing: By far Stanley Kubrick’s best film. Better than Dr. Strangelove by a hair.
3. The Wild Bunch: Sam Peckinpah is/was the world’s greatest action director.
4. Night of the Hunter: Quite possibly the reason I fell in love with the medium. A perfect blend of writing and direction.
5. The Shawshank Redemption: The ONLY book-to-film adaptation to almost do the book justice. Frank Darabont is a gifted screenwriter and director.
6. The Bridge Over the River Kwai: The film that made me want to befriend a brit… limey is the result of that life long pursuit.
7. Double Indemnity: Who can resist the lure of film noir? Add to a perfectly executed film two of the most impressive acting exhibitions by Fred McMurray and Barbara Stanwyck and you have a near flawless film.
Seven books I like:
1. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
2. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
3. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
4. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
6. Requiem For A Dream by Hubert Selby
7. Naked Lunch by William Burroughs
NOTE: It is not lost on me that I have two books in this list that have heroin featured prominently. Perhaps that explains a lot about me… perhaps not.
Seven things I say:
1. You are a fucking tool.
2. I’ve got that going for me.
3. You have two options… shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of here… feel free to mix and match these options.
4. Mother of Pearl!
5. Pardon me? (I give people the opportunity to correct themselves before I do).
6. About 165/170 (in response to the question, "What are you up to?"
7. Yes, I do, thank you for asking. (in response to the question, "Do you have the time?")
Seven things that attract me to a city:
1. Good pornography.
2. A ready supply of homeless so I can feel superior.
3. A steady supply of pharmacuetical grade narcotics.
4. Good restaurants.
5. A decent collection of bookstores.
6. A college (theoretically, a higher number of intelligent people would populate the city then… at least thats the idea.)
7. At least one major movie theater and one indie theater. Or a well-respected film festival.
Seven things to do before I die:
I’m forty. Whatever it is I’ve wanted to do, I’ve done. Twice.
Seven things I can’t do:
1. Hit a three pointer in a clutch situation.
3. Look at another man’s hairy ass and feel attraction or envy.
4. Suffer fools.
5. Leave a witty comment unsaid.
6. Understand child abuse.
7. Forward a meme to another 7 hapless bloggers.